Pulled from the full job description
- 401(k) matching
- AD&D insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
Full Job Description
As a Store Associate, you’ll be in charge of merchandising and stocking merchandise, as well as cashiering and cleaning the store to keep it looking its best. Working cooperatively with the ALDI team and offering outstanding customer service will improve the customer shopping experience.
Position Type: Part-Time
Average Hours:Fewer than 30 hours per week
Starting Wage:$18.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
The ability to execute duties with or without reasonable accommodations is required.
- Customer purchases are processed, general cleaning activities are performed, and shelves and goods displays are neatly stocked.
- Assist consumers with their shopping experience by providing great customer service.
- Collaborate with coworkers and communicate with the store’s management team clearly.
- Give management input on all products, inventory losses, scanning problems, and other issues.
- Participate in taking inventory counts at the store in accordance with requirements and ensuring that inventory is accurate.
- To reduce losses, follows cash regulations and procedures.
- Maintains the security and confidentiality of documents and data while adhering to all established business policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Capacity to stock products from store receiving to shelves at various heights; ability to place product weighing up to 45 pounds on shelf at various heights.
- Sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and stroll through the store on a regular basis
- Must be able to carry out responsibilities with or without necessary accommodations.
- Customer service ability to deliver fast and pleasant service
- Ability to properly and effectively run a cash register
- Ability to operate equipment such as an electric/manual hand jack, a floor cleaner, and a cardboard baler in a safe and proper manner.
- Ability to execute general cleaning activities in accordance with business guidelines
- Interpretation and application of company policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to keep organized, pay close attention to details, follow directions, and multitask in a professional and effective manner.
- Comply with all state and local regulations regarding the handling and sale of alcoholic beverages.
Education and Experience:
- It is preferred that you have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working in a retail environment is preferred.
- Equivalent knowledge is gained by a combination of education and experience.
ALDI offerscompetitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Contributions to a 401(k) plan that are matched by the company
- Program to Assist Employees (EAP)
- National Employee Discount Program by PerkSpot
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance are all available.
- 7 paid holidays and generous vacation time
- Disability Insurance, both short and long-term
- Insurance for life, dependent life, and AD&D
- Term Life Insurance that is purchased on a voluntary basis
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer